To promote the economic growth of Hispanic businesses in South Carolina. We are committed to developing programs and facilitating the resources that help Hispanic businesses reach their full potential.
Network, Educate, Advocate
The Chamber is accomplishing its mission in very practical ways. We are committed to making a real, positive impact in the businesses we represent.
We accomplish our mission in three ways:
First, we make sure you have the networking opportunities available to you that help you grow your business. We have also developed a directory for our members as well as a jobs board.
Our "Resources" page provides the necessary resources to start, grow, and sustain your business.
Our education component is based on the Entrepreneur Empowerment Series. This program gives entrepreneurs the skills necessary to run their business
The EES is offered in English and Spanish throughout the state. You can find the next Empowerment Series event on our "Events" page.
Our advocacy intitiative starts with our legislative agenda. Each year, the Chamber's government affairs office meets with local, state and federal elected officials to discuss the issues that affect Hispanic business owners in South Carolina. Download our legislative agenda.
The South Carolina Hispanic Chamber of Commerce was incorporated on August 30, 2007. Recognizing the need of an organization that could represent and help the growing Hispanic business community, the Chamber comes in a crucial moment in the Hispanic community. Although in the early stages, we are working toward a strong foundation, building up membership and community awareness of the existence of the Chamber.
Our vision is to become a proactive Hispanic chamber of commerce by providing leadership and serving as a bridge between community leaders, different cultures, and the community at large.
A Solid Foundation
We are setting a strong foundation where future generations will continue to build and develop innovative programs to help the business community. We are serving the business community through seminars, networking meetings and special events. The SCHCC also takes pride in its association with the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce based in Washington, D.C. Through this association we have access to a variety of information, membership benefits, and programs especially designed to help start, grow and expand your business.
Apply to the SCHCC Scholarship Foundation
Our future leaders will be coming from a diverse cultural background formation. Through our scholarship program, we will be helping our Hispanic youth in having an influential part of the nation’s future.
The South Carolina Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Foundation (SCHCCSF) will leverage corporate and public support to provide Hispanic students in the state of South Carolina the financial support needed to pursue a college education which will help in developing our future leaders and strengthen our communities.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Be of Hispanic background
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551
- Be pursuing or plan to pursue your first undergraduate or graduate degree
- Plan to enroll full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student in a degree seeking program at a two or four year accredited institution in the U.S. or Puerto Rico in the upcoming academic year.
Additional restrictions or requirements may apply. Please check carefully the program guidelines.
Application Requirements & Deadlines
Accepting applications March 1, 2012 through June 15, 2012
If one meets the eligibility criteria, please submit the required documents listed below:
1. Application form - Available at the bottom of this article
2. Copy of birth certificate
3. Official Transcript
• Must be mailed in a sealed envelope or have a school seal or official signature; should include name of student and name of institution.
• Transcripts must include your cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale. If transcript does not contain the cumulative GPA, please request that a school official confirm the information on school letterhead with his or her signature.
4. Proof of Household Income - Please submit one of the following:
Student Aid Report (SAR) - If you applied for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you will receive a SAR. Please mail a copy of ALL pages of this year's or last year's SAR.
SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Mailed documents must be postmarked by the given scholarship deadline(s).
- Documents must be mailed in a single envelope
- Mail documents to:
Taylors, SC 29687
After all submitted documents are received and reviewed; the board will determine those applicants that have will be submitted to the selection committee for review and selection.
Applicants will receive a letter from the committee’s finding.
Best wishes with the application process!
Announcements will be made on July 15, 2012
Scholarships are for academic year 2012-13
SCHCC Scholarship Foundation
- Article Count: